I have changed my domain so many times. And this time it is Sales & Business Development. It's a completely new world. Right from prospecting to qualifying leads to conversions. What would make the customer buy? Will going after prospects without a prepared pitch a better idea than revising the pitch repeatedly before presenting it to customers which may lead to less prospecting. For me, what works is Strong recommendations by others, Enthusiasm & conviction displayed during a pitch and the patience to listen to the customers. Recently read a great book by consultants of Acumen Business Consulting where they explained about the need to create own personal brand (which will take your company through the tough times) followed by conviction with which employees stand by your brand, and then the important art of listening carefully to customers (recall the customer ki kundli example, and said/unsaid needs). It also reminded that sales people should know when to sell. I tried finding other good books on selling , however, every top book has a negative review that it is more of a motivational book rather than telling them anything about how to be a better sales person.
1) Stuck in traffic jam while coming back from Jasola to Okhla Phase 2 (91springboard 1st day)
2) Found a good sales candidate for Delhi office (Amit Gangwar, MBA - IIT Roorkee)
3) Mobile App development is slowly going into Girish's hands.
4) Girish explained about the telecom protocol (TLC / TLS ?)which we have not used so far as our strong point in sales pitch. And how it is impacting the real time player (RSTP) which are hard to run on UDP/TCP protocols. He met Mobiwiz / Mobibiz founder with 15 years of experience in mobile app development. Going to meet another mobile app development company tomorrow at 11 am.
5) Have few more interviews scheduled today.
6) Read on "Voice activation features" especially Carnegie Mellon University video & VIV (launched by Siri Founder). Homey (Netherlands based firm) has raised 116k dollar online for his venture which has done some good work on voice activation