Friday, August 14, 2009

My current address... Saratoga Avenue, Santa Clara, CA

Along with my parents,I am on my first visit to US and so far the experience has been great. We boarded Cathay Pacific Airlines on 11 Aug 2009 and landed in Hong Kong 5 hours later. I found the Hong Kong airport much better than the Chattrapati Shivaji Airport of Mumbai (it turned out to be much better than I expected), Changi Airport of Singapore and San Fransisco airport. Hong Kong airport looked majestic standing among the mountains from all sides. We had 5 hours of time to kill in Hong Kong which we did by roaming around in the airport itself. The airport had a lot of eateries, apparel stores (had some of the most expensive brands of France, US, Italy and even Kashmir), WiFi stations, book stores etc. We were a little apprehensive about the swine flu scare and its possible repercussions but we did not face any such problem in our entire journey.
We then boarded our next flight from Hong Kong to San Fransisco in Cathay Pacific. Video screens were fitted on the backside of seats and I got to watch some good movies from the huge collection of entertainment stuff available. I started with "I am just not that into you" but got bored in a little while. Then I watched the new X-men release of "X-men origins : Wolverine" having some incredible action. After that I watched an episode of Scrubs - Season 8 which was as usual fun to watch. In between, lunch and dinner was served and I dozed off a little too. Then I watched "I love you, man " and "The revenge of Chun-Li" back to back. A couple of hours were left before we were to reach our destination so I thought I should catch a little sleep to invigorate myself.
When I woke up, we were 20 minutes away from San-Fransisco and flying low enough for me to get a bird's eye view of the region below. I could see a maze of highways below, mighty mountains and sea adjoining the San-Fransisco airport. The buildings were fairly spread out with no sign of clutter as well as nice parking space for vehicles around the residential places.
We landed on the airport and went through customs and luggage recovery before we came out all ready to meet my brother in the waiting area.
That is how our visit to US commenced.

No comments:

Post a Comment